A new Job, ID: 219012 <http://ejobsville.com/display-job/219012> was added
at eJobsVille.com - For the Best Tech Jobs in Town <http://ejobsville.com/>

Title:  Data warehouse DBA  posted on 2014-08-04 13:03:29

Job Description:Greetings from EApps Tech LLC…!!!

My name is *Maruthi Reddy* we have a job opportunity for you as a *Data
warehouse DBA* with one of our client based at *San Diego, CA ‏.*

*Job Title: Data warehouse DBA*
*Location: San Diego, CA*
*Duration: 6 Months +*

*Job Description:*

·      10+ years of experience
·      Experience in handling BI EDW databases
·      Understanding of typical BI DW architecture, ad-hoc queries,
de-normalized data schemas, indexing
·      Experience on Dynamic Management Views - missing indexes,
fragmentation due to large IO operations, IO with Avg Disk Reads/Sec and
also in Perfmon, page life expectancy etc.
·      Partitioning techniques like SQL Server 2008/2012 partitioning
wizard and sliding window techniques
·      Monitoring SSIS jobs, scheduling etc.

The responsibilities of a Database Administrator include:

·      Physical database design
·      Database maintenance
·      Backup and recovery
·      Participation on the Decision support steering committee
·      Data Replication
·      Repository Management
·      Security administration
·      Database loading
·      Performance Monitoring and Summary table creation
·      Ad-hoc data manipulation
·      Periodic table reorganization
·      Structure update with change control

Specific tasks include:
·      Extensive testing of the backup and recovery processes
·      Ability to recover databases within the service level agreement
·      Ability to articulate any data loss encountered
·      Ensure logging and recoverability of database updates since the last
backup
·      Take frequent backups – full and incremental as needed
·      Frequent offsite storage of the latest full back up in the event of
a natural disaster

Job Requirements: ·      10+ years of experience
·      Experience in handling BI EDW databases
·      Understanding of typical BI DW architecture, ad-hoc queries,
de-normalized data schemas, indexing
·      Experience on Dynamic Management Views - missing indexes,
fragmentation due to large IO operations, IO with Avg Disk Reads/Sec and
also in Perfmon, page life expectancy etc.
·      Partitioning techniques like SQL Server 2008/2012 partitioning
wizard and sliding window techniques
·      Monitoring SSIS jobs, scheduling etc.

Salary: DOE

*Click here to view full job description and apply
<http://ejobsville.com/display-job/219012>  (Registration not mandatory to
apply for this job)*