Chuck (and anyone else seeking audio metadata tools/practices),

Looping back to the metadata thread below, here's another resource:

<http://www.digitizationguidelines.gov/audio-visual/documents/wave_metadata.html>

That page links to the Federal Agencies Digitization Guidelines
Initiative specification for metadata in Broadcast WAVE (BWAV or BWF)
files, plus associated documents. A related Mac/Windows tool, BWF
MetaEdit, is "a free, open source tool that supports embedding,
validating, and exporting of metadata in Broadcast WAVE Format (BWF)
files, including support for the Federal Agencies guidelines." It's at
SourceForge:

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/bwfmetaedit/>

Rob
--
Rob Lancefield
Manager of Museum Information Services / Registrar of Collections