Hi,
I am posting this for a friend of mine who wants to get the word out. Christina

Web Editor - USA

ClassicalTV will be the only significant destination for an Internet user
looking to watch classical music, opera, ballet, musicals, classic theatre,
dance or other performing arts events and documentaries.

Who we are looking for? This is a rare opportunity for someone who lives and
breathes performing arts, to combine their excellent website editorial skills.
You will be a person who understands the web, what it can do and where it is
going.  However, just as important you will have a good knowledge of the
performing arts, in particular classical music and dance. Twittering will be
second nature and, if anything, deemed old hat. You will be a combination of
personality, enthusiasm and probably a dash of eccentricity! You will be a
networker, have trend awareness and be well informed about the performing arts
scene, a self-starter, digitally enthusiastic but not a performing arts snob or
elitist.

What the role entails.  To bring to life the world of performing arts by
overseeing and developing the ClassicalTV website narrative. You will be
required to produce accurate and inventive copy and to introduce "sticky" ideas
to accompany the viewing of our massive video library.  You will also work with
key teams and individuals to develop an effective 'voice' for Classical TV,
both write and commission articles for the website. You will be required to
handle all types of media in preparation for upload through our CMS. The ideal
candidate will tick the following boxes:

*         Excellent copy writing skills for writing,  editing and managing the
development, blog posts and reviews

*         Experience in Performing Arts entertainment (music and dance
preferred-journalistic experience especially helpful

*         Prior web production experience with consumer facing products

*         Previous CMS experience-familiarity and comfort with html based back
end systems and utilization of  multiple technical platforms

*         Commercially savvy- demonstrated knowledge of search engine
optimization (SEO),  traffic metrics,  advertising units,  sponsorship programs

*         Experience with web based guerrilla marketing,  social marketing and
content driven reach expansion

*         Ability to work on own and make mature decisions

Location: US (Home based with regular team meetings in New York or Washington)

Salary: TBC depending on experience

Annual Contract

Instructions for applicants: Please email an up to date CV and brief covering
note explaining why you would be suitable for this post and if available a
sample of your work via either a URL link or PDF file.  Contact:  derek.nelson
at classicaltv.co.uk<mailto:derek.nelson at classicaltv.co.uk>