From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of
Ari Davidow
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 3:07 PM
To: Museum Computer Network Listserv
Subject: Re: [MCN-L] Spam, Spam Glorious Spam

We are using postini (http://www.postini.com) as our main spam filter.
It
does two important jobs for us. First, it gets almost all spam. Second,
it
assures people receiving *our* email that we are not spammers. (Our IT
person was getting very, very tired of trying to figure out why people
at
this address or that weren't getting our email--usually triggered by
something beyond our control.)

ari

On Jan 25, 2008 2:24 PM, Holly Witchey <hwitchey at clevelandart.org>
wrote:

> This inquiry from our network manager here at the CMA.  Anybody got
any
> good solutions for curing the spam problem?  We are getting spam
slammed
> in a huge way.  Any and all suggestions will be thoughtfully received
> and the provider of the best answer will receive (in addition to our
> eternal gratitude) a round of drinks in D.C. at MCN 2008.

You are currently subscribed to mcn-l, the listserv of the Museum
Computer Network (http://www.mcn.edu)

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu