the subject keeps coming up for obvious reasons, the demonstrated ability of
virutalization to cut costs, and insure availability is of great interest to
any cultural institution.

In the processes of evaluating the museum requirements in an economic climate
that requires much prudence.
I am wondering if we can attempt to create a common pressure (or a coordinated
better deal). if you are considering this, please contact me, perhaps we might
gain traction through a common reseller.

I am at present considering virtualizing our environment using Microsoft
products, I dont think they have achieved the maturity vmware demonstrates, but
they are very fast to adapt, and very aggressive in development and pricing
(Microsoft offers very generous benefits as you all know).

VMware however... is nowhere to be found, and i am under the impression that
the pricing and licensing models they offer are designed to obfuscate a very
expensive future upgrade path.
I am in favor of VMware as my first choice, based on my impressions of the
technology, but i really cannot justify such sharp developments, the pricing
model i see insures no easy path to upgrade in the future.

With a very aggressive competitor  (probably the most aggressive out there)
behind them, I find it really strange VMware does not even attempt to bend
towards cultural institutions and other non profits, its strangely shortsighted.

Doron