Good point. This is where (by recording link-throughs) a cause-and-effect could
actually be proved, and revenue "credited" to the source (the online image).
Without any recordable connection between that source and that sale, it's
difficult for our hypothetical economist to prove that the source is worth
investing in.

Amalyah

?????: ??mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu] ??? Kenneth Hamma
[khamma at me.com]
??????: ????? ????? 28 ??? 2009 23:48
????: Museum Computer Network Listserv
??????: Re: [MCN-L] Image Licensing

We all assume you haven't forgotten to apply your multiplier also to
online sale of products, right where those eyeballs are and with as
much third-party involvement (fulfillment, payment transaction,
hosting) as you wish.  Just make it so easy and convenient in your
branded venue (National Gallery = as good as it gets) that most
everyone who is drawn by that won't care that you might not have a
monopoly on the use of the images.

ken

Kenneth Hamma

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu