Hello MCN,

I have a few questions on the topic of APIs. I'm interested in hearing  from
those of you who have taken the plunge and developed an API to your collection
data or other museum specific information. Thus far I know the Brooklyn Museum,
Museum of London, and the V&A have APIs and that the Powerhouse Museum provides
their collection data for download. Does anyone else out there provides
programmatic access to their data? For those of you with an API, do you
publicize it in any way? Does your API get used? Do any of you have private
APIs to your data for internal use? For those of you who thought about building
an API but haven't, what stopped you from doing so?

Thanks,
Jeff Steward
Architect for Applications Development
617-495-0785