Deb * I'm going to forward this message to Sarah Williams, the
photography manager here who oversees all photography of Academy events
(screenings, programs, Governors' Ball, Academy Awards, etc.).  I know
she has specific instructions for the photographers to input job info in
the image headers, for example.

Best regards,

Jane

Jane Glicksman
Digital Archivist
Margaret Herrick Library
Fairbanks Center for Motion Picture Study
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
333 S. La Cienega Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(310) 247-3036 ext. 266

>>> Deborah Wythe <deborahwythe at hotmail.com> 2/6/2008 8:42 AM >>>

Our photographers have traditionally concentrated on studio work, not
on documenting museum events and activities. I'm starting an internship
program where we'll have a "roving photorgapher" available for
assignments or just to document the "life of the museum" out in the
galleries, offices, and public spaces.

Has anyone created a set of guidelines for this type of photography --
use of flash, tripods, releases, photo log data, photo credits, etc.?
We've been working on the questions as they come up, but it would be
great to have a model or two to look over.

Just to clarify -- this is "official" museum photography, not
photography by visitors.

Thanks!
Deb Wythe

Deborah Wythe
Head, Digital Collections and Services
Brooklyn Museum
200 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11238
tel: 718 501 6311
fax: 718 501 6145
deborahwythe at hotmail.com

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with
star power.
You are currently subscribed to mcn-l, the listserv of the Museum
Computer Network (http://www.mcn.edu)

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu