This has been an interesting thread (esp. the most recent posts...)
To expand the discussion: most of the responses seem to indicate that digital
photography and scanning are the primary responsibilities.

I'm curious about where digital video and audio recording fall in other
museums. Here it's more of a stepchild than anything -- if a department needs
these media (usually Design or for the Web), they either contract out or borrow
a video cam or digital audio recorder from IS for less formal projects. Digital
Lab sometimes fields questions about formats and long term storage, but we're
not responsible for creating AV materials.

Others?
Deb Wythe

Deborah WytheHead, Digital Collections and ServicesBrooklyn Museum200 Eastern
ParkwayBrooklyn, NY 11238tel: 718 501 6311fax: 718 501 6145deborahwythe at
hotmail.com

Climb to the top of the charts!?Play the word scramble challenge with star
power.