From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of
Hanan Cohen
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 4:24 AM
To: Museum Computer Network Listserv (mcn-l at mcn.edu)
Subject: [MCN-L] Instant image uploading to Facebook?

Hi,

We are about to run an event here and we want to *instantly* upload photos from
the event to an album on our Facebook page.

We will hire a professional photographer to take pictures in a certain spot at
the museum.

The photographer will take a few shots of the person.

His camera will be connected to a computer via a USB cable.

He will choose the best shot of a person and save the image to the computer.

This is as far as I have reached.

Now I need a piece of software that will "listen" to a folder and when it finds
a new file will *instantly* upload it to a specific album in our FB page.

Do you know of a solution for this?

Have you done something similar in your museum?

I have read a bit and found that even though there are apps that upload images
to FB, each image is waiting in a queue for a manual approval. Do you know
anything about this? Can it be overridden in a way?

Maybe there is a way to upload the images to a page in our website where people
can find theirs and share it on their profile?

Thanks,

---
Hanan Cohen | Webmaster | Bloomfield Science Museum Jerusalem |
mada.org.il<http://www.mada.org.il/> -
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/-/127569645760> -
Twitter<http://twitter.com/madajerusalem> -
YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/user/madajerusalem>