Seems as if some software companies-like Adobe,  just to mention the most
egregious example-have recently become much more aggressive in their software
updating practices, at least in terms of message tone if not in more
compelling/compulsory ways. We've been getting a LOT of calls from end users
lately, for example, to upgrade their copies of Adobe Reader or Flash, because
some message says that they need the latest version to do whatever. Since we
don't give most users Admin rights to their desktops, normally, we've been
spending more time upgrading these apps than we'd like. It used to be that an
older version would work fine in most cases, but this new generation seems to
be pushing the envelope.

Anyway, my question is a general one: how do other folks handle these kinds of
minor upgrades? We push out what we can, but some of these programs cannot be
pushed (as far as I know).

Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry Powell