From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of Ari
Davidow
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 6:48 PM
To: Museum Computer Network Listserv
Subject: Re: [MCN-L] Digital recorder for teacher/classroom use

The TechSoup bundle is for two older Flip cameras. When we looked into it,
we realized that we wanted something more recent.

The Flip that we did get is =great=. Easily records two hours of video,
totally simple to use, saves in a reasonably high-res mp4 format. I recently
took it on a trip where on one night I recorded a live band, and at other
times got several hours of my mother reminiscing. Sweet.

For audio recorders, I echo those who note that recent iPod Touches, along
with most smart phones, come with audio and video recording ability. That's
a reasonable place to start. There are a host of excellent audio devices
used by oral historians, etc. A great site to read reviews is Jay Allison's
"transom.org." He covers everything from apps for iPhones to wonderful
devices like the recent Marantz audio recorders, Edirols, and the like.

ari