Beth,

The best advice I can offer for a selection process of any system once you
narrow the field is to prepare a test script.  Give the vendor a specific
script to follow, with data you provide.  This helps you understand exactly
much better what a system will and will not do in your environment. Much
more helpful than a canned vendor presentation.

Learned this from Steve Jacobson of JCA and found it to be an extremely
valuable tool in any software selections process.

John