On 10 March 2010 23:11, Perian Sully <psully at magnes.org> wrote:

> Part of this reprocessing will including making new copies of the
> high-quality derivatives as well as the accessible JPGs. So I'm
> wondering if I should replace the HQ derivative TIFs with JPEG2000 at
> this time.

The UK's Wellcome Library announced they were using JPEG2000 last year -
they've blogged about it at
http://wellcomelibrary.blogspot.com/2009/09/wellcome-library-to-use-jpeg2000-image.html.
The page also includes a copy of the report that informed their decision, or
you can download it directly at
http://library.wellcome.ac.uk/assets/wtx056572.pdf

I'd be interested to hear what you decide to do - JPEG2000 looks interesting
for its ability to offer deep zooming for publication online but it's hard
to get a sense of how widely it's supported or used.

cheers, Mia

http://openobjects.org.uk/
http://twitter.com/mia_out