Happy Monday everyone! I've got a discussion question for y'all,
prompted by a discussion Nancy (Proctor) and I were having yesterday
about educational outreach:

Do you think that different types of museums (art, history, science,
etc.) have different approaches for leveraging social media?

Personally, I haven't seen that there's a consistent difference in the
way types of museums use social media for outreach, but there definitely
is for institutional websites and web-based programs. The differences I
have seen  tend to be based more on the size and organizational
structure of the museum, rather than the content. But I have to admit
that I haven't done an exhaustive survey of the field.

Have you noticed differently? Have you adjusted your strategy based on
the type of content being presented?

~P

Perian Sully
Collections Information Manager