The National Museum of American History, Kenneth E. Behring Center,
Smithsonian Institution, is seeking a motivated team member to support
Web and new media efforts at the Museum.  Duties include posting and
maintaining content on the Museum Web site, contributing to social media
outreach, and preparing and organizing digital materials.  Your work
will specifically support the Museum's Lemelson Center for the Study of
Invention and Innovation, and promote our education partnership with
Thinkfinity.org.  You will also provide administrative and general
office support.

Applicants must demonstrate organizational skills, familiarity with
educational uses of the Internet, and experience with the tools of Web
publishing such as Dreamweaver and Photoshop.  The best qualified
applicants will also have strong writing skills and experience producing
digital multimedia.

This is a fulltime, 1-year non-federal position (renewable).  Salary
$41,210 plus excellent benefits.  To apply, send your resume to
nmahweb at si.edu by March 15, 2009.

The Smithsonian is an Equal Opportunity employer.  Women and minorities
are encouraged to apply.

Matthew MacArthur
Director of New Media
National Museum of American History

Sign up for our e-mail newsletter! Visit
http://americanhistory.si.edu/signup
"O Say Can You See?" blog http://blog.americanhistory.si.edu