From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of
Ben Rubinstein
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:07 AM
To: Museum Computer Network Listserv
Subject: Re: [MCN-L] Embark and Gallery Systems

On 29/7/09 01:06, Chris Alexander wrote:
> I'm wondering if Embark or Gallery Systems has any way to export data
as
> an XML feed.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  Thanks in
advance.

Possibly also worth noting that Robb Detlefs at Gallery Systems has been
working to create an Embark configuration for the (freely available)
software
we created for the OCLC Museum Data Exchange project, which produces
CDWA Lite
XML exports - it can be configured to run automatically on a regular
basis,
and to send the data to a database or generate flat files.

See <http://www.oclc.org/programs/news/2009-04-10.htm> for more
information -
and contact Robb for more info if it seems of interest (though I happen
know he's floating down a canal in England this week, and trust that
means
he's offline...).

Ben

--
Ben Rubinstein > Technical Director
email: benr at cogapp.com    direct: +44 (0)1273 829972

Cogapp
address: Lees House, 21-33 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE, England
tel: +44 (0)1273 821600   fax: +44 (0)1273 829988
web:  http://www.cogapp.com
blog: http://blog.cogapp.com - "the art and science of engagement"

You are currently subscribed to mcn-l, the listserv of the Museum
Computer Network (http://www.mcn.edu)

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu