Shalom,

First, please take a look at a short new video I have just uploaded to
YouTube showing an exhibit at the Bloomfield Science Museum, Jerusalem.

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=x7yDZd8oug0
<http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=x7yDZd8oug0>

It has very low production value.

I shot it once, in sub-optimal lighting conditions, added some simple
video effects, slapped opening and closing titles and added a soundtrack
I have downloaded from http://ccmixter.org/ <http://ccmixter.org/>

This is one way of doing it.

(The curator of the exhibition was very pleased with it.)

Another way would have been to hire a video production company, write a
script, have multiple back-and-forth discussions with them and then show
it with fanfare.

What I wonder is if online content, that "just does the job" but has low
production value, is the right path to take.

Does it undermine the public image of the museum?

Is accessible, fast and cheap, social media presence good for our
outreach efforts?

I am not sure where we should draw the line and invest in production of
online content.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hanan Cohen - Webmaster