Hi Rowena,

Please take a look on the OpenCollection website (http://opencollection.org/
). It's a very powerful and versatile open-source collections
management system, that currently knows a growing user base in Europe
and the US. OpenCollection biggest assets are its flexibility to
incorporate different metadata standards, the automated recognition of
embedded metadata within file headers and a digital asset management
component, which allows you to upload your master files in a batch-
like manner and automatically converts them to derivate image files.
Don't hesitate to contact Seth Kaufman (seth at opencollection.org), the
lead developer of OpenCollection, with any further questions.

Kind regards,

Seth van Hooland
ULB - Facult? de philosophie et lettres
Dpt SIC - fili?re STIC