Baltimore, MD  21210
P: 410.547.9000 x266
F: 410.837.4846
cpetrovay at thewalters.org

www.thewalters.org

-----Original Message-----
From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of
Leah Fox
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:30 AM
To: mcn-l at mcn.edu; talk at museum-ed.org; MUSEUM-L at HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM
Subject: [MCN-L] Interpretive Video Kiosk Software

Thank you to those who responded to my previous posting about kiosk
software. We are now working with SiteKiosk by Provisio.

We do have several other interpretive kiosks that have only one function
which is to play interpretive videos. SiteKiosk does not support this as
it works in a web environment. Currently, our interpretive videos (which
are mostly on touch-screen) are playing on Windows Media Player, which
opens the issues of closing down the program and accessing other
programs within the computer.

Can anyone recommend a program that will create a video kiosk that
supports mpeg2 playback? I see so many wonderful interpretive videos in
museums but do not know how the kiosk environment works.

Thank you,
Leah

Leah Fox
Director of Public Programs

Currier Museum of Art
150 Ash Street
Manchester, NH 03104
603.669.6144 x119

You are currently subscribed to mcn-l, the listserv of the Museum
Computer Network (http://www.mcn.edu)

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu