Hi fellow MCN-ers!

Since audio stuff is way outside the scope of my expertise, I'm
wondering if anyone has any advice I could forward to our School,
Teacher, and Family Programs Coordinator. The exhibition she's referring
to runs through July 6th, 2008. We have a Mac laptop we use for audio
recording sometimes, but I don't know how to get it to do what she would
like it to do, or if it's possible. I don't want to send her a "sorry,
we can't do it" if I can avoid it, but I'm kinda stumped about alternate
solutions.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Perian Sully
Collection Database & Records Administrator
Judah L. Magnes Museum
2911 Russell St.
Berkeley, CA 94705
510-549-6950 x 335
http://www.magnes.org <http://www.magnes.org/>
Contributor, http://www.musematic.org <http://www.musematic.org/>

________________________________

I am a bit stymied about how to proceed with my thoughts about Yadegari:

I would like the families to listen carefully in Revisions to the
blending and layering of sounds and music.  Then I would like them to go
to the library and SOMEHOW create an audio version of family created
music, sounds, etc.  This of course could be as simple as recording onto
a tape, but what I'd really like is to find a way for the families to
record separate "tracks"-digitally-that would be "layered" and so that
their creation could be burned on a cd and then taken home.

Is this at all feasible?

I know music can be created through Garage Band on the mac, but how
about the recording of voices, bells, chimes, etc-blended with Garage
Band sounds?