Hello again, everyone:

MCN's Pasadena conference is drawing closer, and so is our Silent
Auction. The 2006 auction will be held at the reception on Friday,
November 10th--three weeks from this Friday!

For many years, your generous contributions to this annual event have
helped our nonprofit organization offer the programs and resources we
all find so useful. As announced in the preceding auction reminder,
we're delighted to note that all proceeds from this event will fund
conference scholarships, which the MCN Board instituted for the
Pasadena conference using 2005 auction income. All earnings from the
2006 auction will fund scholarships for MCN 2007.

It's never too soon dream up novel (or truly excessive...) donations
and stash them away to carry to Pasadena, where donations will be
gratefully accepted in person. Items of any sort--new or old,
seriously useful or happily useless--that may be attractive to
bidders and carried by airline passengers are encouraged. Exhibition
catalogs are always popular. Equally great are museum bags, clothing,
and other souvenirs. Donations need not be tangible things--some
popular lots have offered free services or special half-price
registration for professional events. I'd say "think outside the
box," but in fact there is no box!

Donations may be dropped off at the conference desk when you
register. Auction volunteers also are needed. If you'd like to help,
please email me off-list at <rlancefield at wesleyan.edu>.

http://www.mcn.edu/conferences/index.asp?subkey=1233 has more details
regarding the Friday reception and a wide range of other MCN 2006
conference events.

See you in Pasadena!

Rob (chair, MCN Silent Auction 2006)

Rob Lancefield                           rlancefield at wesleyan.edu
Manager of Museum Information Services / Registrar of Collections
Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University      www.wesleyan.edu/dac
301 High Street, Middletown CT 06459 USA        tel. 860.685.2965
Board of Directors, Museum Computer Network           www.mcn.edu