Below the official announcement. Among the podcasts: a session with Ken
Hamma and Erin Coburn from the Getty on describing and sharing digital
images in a museum setting (think CDWA Lite XML), Carol Butler from the
National Museum of Natural History Museum on providing access to natural
history collections, and Daniel Starr from the Metropolitan Museum on
folksonomies (think STEVE). - G?nter

***

?I have been joking with my colleagues that the forum was like reading a
year?s worth of professional literature ? and far more entertaining.? -
Forum Attendee Feedback

On August 7th and 8th, RLG Programs held the Forum: "More, Better, Faster,
Cheaper: The Economics of Descriptive Practice" at the Folger Shakespeare
Library in Washington DC.  Sixteen invited speakers elaborated on how they
manage to do more with less at their respective institutions ranging from
libraries and archives to museums for an audience of over 125 attendees in
the beautiful Folger Elizabethan Theatre. The podcasts (downloadable mp3
files) of the forum are now available at
http://www.rlg.org/en/page.php?Page_ID=20968, alongside powerpoint
presentations, handouts and speaker notes.

You may also find more information about the forum at hangingtogether.org -
the organizers and moderators Merrilee Proffitt and G?nter Waibel (both
Program Officers, RLG Programs/OCLC) blogged daily about the unfolding
event:

Day 1: http://hangingtogether.org/?p=122
Day 2, morning: http://hangingtogether.org/?p=123
Day 2, afternoon: http://hangingtogether.org/?p=124
Editing the mp3's: http://hangingtogether.org/?p=127
Feedback from the Forum: http://hangingtogether.org/?p=127

Enjoy!

G?nter Waibel
Guenter.Waibel at rlg.org

Merrilee Proffitt
Merrilee.Proffitt at rlg.org

G?nter Waibel
RLG-Programs, OCLC
2029 Stierlin Court, Suite 100, Mountain View, CA  94043 USA
voice: +1-650-691-2304 | fax: +1-650-964-1461
blog: www.hangingtogether.org
Guenter.Waibel at rlg.org