Dear Frances,

Anecdotally speaking, I know our collections web site is heavily used by our
staff but the numbers also support this. We have filters to exclude staff
traffic from our analytics, so a process of deduction gives us the following
figures for the month of November 2012:

Staff visits to "Search the Collections": 3,393
Staff page views during these visits: 56,421 (may include some non-collections
pages)
Staff pages per visit: 16.63

By comparison, the overall pages per "Search the Collections" visit is 6.99 in
Nov 2012.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--
Rich Barrett-Small
Lead Developer, Digital Media

On 15 Jan 2013, at 12:00, mcn-l-request at mcn.edu wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:33:37 -0600
> From: Frances Lloyd-Baynes <flloyd-baynes at artsmia.org>
> To: mcn-l at mcn.edu
> Subject: Re: [MCN-L] mcn-l Digest, Vol 89, Issue 9
>
> I wonder, can/does anyone track whether the hits on their collections
> websites come from internal sources? e.g. your own staff bypassing whatever
> collections information system is in place and going to a (most likely)
> simpler interface to get the collections information they need? Just
> curious.
>
> Frances
> (formerly at the V&A, though before Rich's time)

Hollywood Costume
20 October 2012 - 27 January 2013 at V&A South Kensington
Lead Sponsor: Harry Winston
Book now on
http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/exhibitions/exhibition-hollywood-costume
See the exhibition for free if you join as a V&A Member www.vam.ac.uk/members

Modern British Childhood, 1948-2012
13 October 2012 - 14 April 2013 at V&A Museum of Childhood
Admission free

Keep in touch
Sign up for V&A e-newsletters www.vam.ac.uk/signup
Become a fan on Facebook.com/VictoriaandAlbertMuseum (
http://www.facebook.com/VictoriaandAlbertMuseum )
Follow us on Twitter.com/V_and_A ( http://www.twitter.com/V_and_A )

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended only
for the individual named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or disclosure of this
information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us by telephone on 020 7942 2353.