How much data are you backing up.  And what are your time constraints, how much
do you want to invest, and do you desire de-duplication to conserve disk growth.

Please excuse any misspelling, this message was sent from my Windows Phone.
________________________________
From: Matthew Schuld
Sent: 1/17/2013 3:40 PM
To: mcn-l at mcn.edu
Subject: [MCN-L] NAS HDD

Hello,

Forgive me if this topic has been covered.

I am looking for assistance with on-site back-up options (offsite back up is
already settled). We are searching for the best way to back-up all crucial
data in house, preferably with the piece of hardware stored in our
collections space (does anyone know of risks to having an external hard
drive or other hardware in the collections space?). We have access to our
small office network in our collections space, and I've been investigating
something called "Network-attached Storage Hard drives." Basically, we might
like an external hard drive that can function like a server, providing
access over a network of numerous computers. Our PastPerfect Software could
back-up to it daily.

Is anyone using an NAS HDD for on-site back-up? And, are you happy with it?

Thanks!

Matthew Schuld

Museum Manager

Elkhart County Historical Museum