Digital Asset Manager
Progressive Insurance
440.395.1660
megan_h_mcgovern at progressive.com

-----Original Message-----
From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of Matt
Wheeler
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 11:34 AM
To: Museum Computer Network Listserv
Subject: [MCN-L] Digital Preservation

Good day--we're beginning to research an approach to archiving our digital
assets. Currently, everything is stored onsite on redundant servers, but we
have no system of checksum encoding or fixity checking. The software solutions
I've investigated are all open source and therefore require significant
investment in development. The content volume-based pricing of professional
digital archives seems to be outside our budget (we're pushing 8TB of digitized
heritage materials).
Does anyone know of a dependable out-of-the-box application for content
authentication, preferably Windows-based? Thanks.
--
Matt Wheeler,
Photography Archives,