Hello!
I'm currently digitizing a collection of photographs that have some limited
data accompanying them. The photographs are the historical background of a
small community that can provide much of the needed information. Many of
the community members are old and ailing so the need to retrieve the
information from them is much needed! Currently the museum I work for does
not have a DAM so I'm embedding the metadata with Adobe Bridge (thanks to
the suggestions of people on this listserv). I know the San Diego Air and
Space Museum posts their digitized collections on Flickr and gets some
great information from the public. Would others recommend this route? What
other ways have museums recieved data from the public? The main information
that's needed is identifying people and places in the photographs.
Thank you!
-Cairie Riney
Julian Pioneer Museum