We're doing a lot of work in this space (production and conceptual), and happy
to share our knowledge/projects with CFM.

A couple of our most pertinent examples:
http://www.mos.org/exhibits/hall-human-life
collecting data from dozens of biometric nodes and devices from visitors,
aggregating and visualizing the data (and allowing visitors to remotely explore
the data sets)

http://techcitement.com/culture/bright-ideas-in-indoor-location-awareness-from-bytelight/#.UgKCbG34KFZ
http://blog.bytelight.com/post/40011523606/bytelight-illuminates-the-museum-of-science
connecting the physical nodes in the museum environment to virtual content
ubiquitously via light-based, inches-accurate location based services

Marc E. Check
Director of Information and Interactive Technology
Museum of Science
1 Science Park
Boston, MA 02114
617.589.4279 (office)