Our Digital Imaging Archivist position was just posted -- job description here
and pasted below.
If you truly love metadata (it's a BIG part of the job) and have some serious
imaging chops, I'll be at MCN and would be happy to talk to you about our shop.
You can email me or catch me after one of the IP panels I'm on.

Deborah Wythe
Head of Digital Collections and Services
Brooklyn Museum
deborah.wy...@brooklynmuseum.org

Digital Imaging Archivist—Digital Collections and Services(Full-time,
permanent, non-union position)

Requirements: The ideal candidate must possess a degree in
information science, museum studies, or other relevant field with
significant experience in photography, scanning, and/or imaging. He or
she must have a demonstrated commitment to a museum career; experience
managing and assessing digital images, including scanning, creating
metadata, and working with databases; excellent written and oral
communication skills; and a strong knowledge of Microsoft Access,
Microsoft Excel, and PhotoShop. She or he must be highly organized,
self-motivated, detail oriented, and accurate, and have the ability to
set priorities, meet firm deadlines, and interact well with a wide
variety of staff members Museum-wide.

Responsibilities: The Digital Imaging Archivist serves as a
member of the Digital Collections team, working to make images of the
Museum's collections accessible to our staff and to the public. The
position creates and manages digital assets to populate the Luna DAMS
and our website. She or he scans analog materials, creates metadata,
loads images and metadata into Luna, and checks and maintains image and
data quality. The Digital Imaging Archivist is expected to expedite scan
 requests and projects undertaken by full- and part-time staff, which
includes tracking requests in the scan queue database, ensuring
deadlines are met, and coordinating use of standards. He or she works
with the Photo Studio staff to manage born digital content; plans and
implements imaging and image management projects; and undertakes
research into new formats and technologies, as needed. The position
trains Museum staff and departmental interns on image-related issues and
 on imaging technology use; works with other departments to coordinate
image needs and manage image flow; and assists with special projects and
 departmental administration, as needed.

Reports to: Head of Digital Collections and Services

Work schedule: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., 35 hours a week

Salary: $34,000

To apply: Please send résumé, cover letter, and salary history to
digital.imaging.archiv...@brooklynmuseum.org.