From: Christina DePaolo [mailto:christi...@seattleartmuseum.org]
Sent: 29 January 2004 00:25
To: mcn_mc...@listserver.americaneagle.com
Subject: FTP alternative

Hello,
We have had a longstanding request to build a FTP site for our PR department.  Our IT staff does not like FTP because of security issues. Is there an alternative? Do any of you have software/tool recommendations? We are a Windows shop.

FYI -- here are some of the requirements:
PR staff can assign temporary and permanent log in and passwords
PR staff can post and delete files
-- they would like a web interface so the press can see thumbnails

I am wondering how other museum IT/New Media shops deal with these requests.

Thank you.

Christina DePaolo
New Media Manager
www.seattleartmuseum.org