Title: Registration software summary

Many thanks to those of you who answered my query concerning registration software, both on and off the list serve.

The two options which seem to be out there are in house systems using generic database software (predominantly Filemaker), or using a module of a large (and expensive) software package used for ticketing, development, etc. There does not seem to be any stand alone registration software appropriate for a smaller museum or gallery. Ideally, if we were going to go with a larger package it would only do a limited number of things such as ticketing or cash management.

For the time being we can get use an in-house system using Access, once I find the time to design it.

David Farrell, Collections Assistant

Peel Heritage Complex

9 Wellington Street East
Brampton, ON   L6W 1Y1