I served as chair of the Autry's technology committee last year.  We
recruited representatives from every dept. and used a benchmarking
process to assess our current status.  We developed a technology plan
and budget with three years goals and objectives.  We're looking at
bringing in an outside consultant this year however,  because we found
that trying to assess your own technology usage is sort of like trying
to operate on yourself.  We felt we needed an objective 3rd party to
more adequately analyze our structure, workflow, etc.
I'd be happy to talk with you further and even share a copy of our tech
plan with you.
Regards,

George "Jake" Crossland
Network Administrator
Autry National Center
4700 Western Heritage Way
Los Angeles, CA 90027
323-667-2000 ext. 247

>>> rdavid...@museumca.org 01/13/05 02:59PM >>>
Hello Museum Colleagues:

The Oakland Museum of California  is  a mid size museum that
specializes in
the Art, History and Natural Science of California.

We are looking to develop a museum wide technology plan, to standardize
some
of our processes and become more efficient with our data and use of
technology.  I am looking for other museums that might be somewhat
similar
in size to ours that have worked on developing a technology plan and/or
has
a model that is successful in meeting the museums' needs.  A point
person to
dialog with would be helpful as well as any other information.

Thank you!

Rachel
--
Rachel Davidman
Oakland Museum of California

1000 Oak St.
Oakland , CA 94607
510-238-3818
fax:510-238-7795
rdavid...@museumca.org

---
You are currently subscribed to mcn_mcn-l as:
gcrossl...@autrynationalcenter.org
leave-mcn_mcn-l-12800...@listserver.americaneagle.com

---
You are currently subscribed to mcn_mcn-l as: rlancefi...@mail.wesleyan.edu