Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 10:38 AM
Subject: SM SIG: Co-opertive techology projects involving small museums

I am currently writing a proposal for a panel session for the MCN Boston conference in November. The proposed panel session will highlight co-operative projects or consortiums aimed at assisting small museums with some aspect of computer technology, e.g. automated collections management systems, digitization projects, virtual exhibits, etc.

I would therefore like to know of any grassroots collaboration projects which involve small museums or archives adopting computer technologies. If there is such a project in your area please either pass on my e-mail address to the project manager or reply to this message either on the listserv or off. The proposal deadline is Feb. 11 and I am looking for someone who can make a 20-25 minute presentation on their project as part of a panel session. I already know of the Passages Project in Nova Scotia, the Colorado Digitization Project and a museum web project based in the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State. I am particularly interested in projects based in regions in Eastern Canada or North-eastern US (so that travel to Boston is not as much of an issue) or which have participants who are already planning to come to the MCN Boston Conference.

Thanks,

-David

David Farrell, Collections Assistant

Peel Heritage Complex