From: Roger Howard [mailto:rhow...@getty.edu]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 2:30 PM
To: mcn-l@mcn.edu
Subject: Imaging/photo studio management systems?

As our imaging/photo studios grow we're wondering if there aren't better
systems for managing the variety of tasks we currently track, and hope that
some of you have dealt with this question before. Are any of you
supporting/using an integrated system for managing a photo studio, including
some (or all) of the following tasks?

- New photography orders - time estimates and scheduling, status tracking,
etc.
- Scanning requests
- Media check in/out
- Imaging work orders and tracking - online image review, approvals, etc
- Resource management and scheduling
- Equipment inventories, check in/out

Probably our biggest issues have to do with receiving orders, assigning them
to staff, tracking status, and then closing out the jobs.

Any suggestions? The main name that pops to mind was The Workhorse Group,
and their website seems to be down (are they out of business?).

Best,

Roger Howard
The Getty

---