Coincidence or synchronicity? I just ran across this entry on the Educause Blog Site at:

http://blog.educause.edu/

--

The Future of Public Displays?

posted @ 6/3/2005 8:37 AM by Kyle Johnson |
If you're in the business of providing public displays for student centers or academic buildings, check out this prototype from Samsung.  OLED promises thinner screens (and thus lighter), less power consumption, and no burn in issues.  The article is a little "old" (i.e. a couple of weeks old), but I've been in Aruba for the last two weeks and didn't see it until today.
--

http://news.com.com/New+Samsung+panel+pictures+inch-thick+TV/2100-1041_3-5712842.html?part=rss&tag=5712842&subj=news

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

~ Dennis

>At 07:47 AM 6/8/05, you wrote:
We are looking into renovations of our information desk and want to explore
the possibility of using electronic signs for visitor information, tours,
lectures, etc.  We have grand plans that include creating a sign that will
require multiple monitors and we would eventually like this information to
be available in multiple locations.

At this stage I would be interested in anyone's experience in developing
this type of system.  What hardware and software was used.  What
infrastructure issues needed to be addressed.  What existing content
resources were used or developed to provide the information sources for the
signs.   You all get the idea.

Thanks,

Bill

---