** apologies for cross posting **

There are still a few more places available for the KDCS training course on
Fundraising held in London on Wed, 22nd June.

See http://www.kcl.ac.uk/kdcs/content/training.htm for more details and booking
information. All courses are led by Simon Tanner, KDCS Director.

Fundraising (22nd June 2005)

Heritage and memory organizations are increasingly engaging in many different
kinds of digital projects large and small. These projects often need to be
funded from outside sources, at least in the early stages, as it is difficult
to create new funding streams for new initiatives. This workshop will address
some of the key issues in planning and costing digital projects, identifying
funders, writing grant proposals, and will discuss some of the major sources of
funding available to not-for-profit organisations.

Topics covered in this training day include:

      * Finding funders
      * Matching bids to funders needs
      * Proposal development
      * Writing and pitching proposals
      * Financial issues
            o Managing the project/programme finances
            o Cost and benefit analysis for planning expenditure
            o Tendering and procurement
            o Sustaining the funding stream
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/kdcs/content/training_details.htm#fundraising

What course attendees have said about KDCS training:
- "Excellent coverage of information with apt description and explanation."
- "The balance between group discussion and presentation was particularly
good."
- "This is excellent   one of the best I've attended."
- "It was very comprehensive   as I thought of questions, they were answered
almost right away. I have a lot of new knowledge that I'll be able to apply."
- "Provided just the information required   informative, comprehensive and
thought provoking."

 Simon Tanner
 Director,  King's Digital Consultancy Services
 King's College London
 Kay House, 7 Arundel Street, London WC2R 3DX
 tel: +44 (0)7793 403542
 email: simon.tan...@kcl.ac.uk
 www.kcl.ac.uk/kdcs/

---