Hello, everyone:

As our Boston conference approaches (only seven weeks away!), so does the MCN Silent Auction. This annual event benefits our nonprofit organization of professionals dedicated to fostering our institutions' cultural aims through the use of computer technologies.

Your generous contribution of auction items helps MCN continue to offer the programs and resources we all find so useful. It's never too soon to start dreaming up novel (or even grandly excessive!) donations and stashing them away to carry to Boston, where donated items will be gratefully accepted in person.

Items of any sort--new or old, seriously useful or cheerfully useless--that may be attractive to bidders (and carried by airline passengers) are encouraged. Exhibition catalogues and other institutional publications are always popular. Equally great and easy to carry are museum bags, clothing, and other souvenirs. Donations need not be tangible things--some popular lots in recent years have consisted of free services or special half-price registration for professional events.

Donations may be dropped off at the conference desk in the hotel when you register. Auction volunteers also are needed. If you'd like to help, please email me off-list at <rlancefi...@wesleyan.edu>.

http://www.mcn.edu/Mcn2005/mcn2005events.htm has more details regarding the auction and a wide range of other MCN 2005 conference events.

See you in Boston!

Rob (chair, MCN Silent Auction 2005)

Rob Lancefield                           rlancefi...@wesleyan.edu
Manager of Museum Information Services / Registrar of Collections
Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University      www.wesleyan.edu/dac
301 High Street, Middletown CT 06459 USA        tel. 860.685.2965
Board of Directors, Museum Computer Network           www.mcn.edu

---
You are currently subscribed to mcn_mcn-l as: rlancefi...@mail.wesleyan.edu
leave-mcn_mcn-l-12800...@listserver.americaneagle.com