Hi, everyone:

With MCN 2005 only three weeks off, our Silent Auction is drawing near. This annual event benefits our nonprofit organization of professionals dedicated to using technology to serve our institutions' cultural aims. Your generous contribution of auction items helps MCN offer the programs and resources we all find so useful. Now's the time to set some things aside to take to Boston!

One striking donation already promised this year consists of three street banners; bearing images by Chagall, Warhol, and Ansel Adams, these were actually hung from San Francisco streetlight poles to promote SFMOMA exhibitions. Other promised lots range from heavily discounted registration for Museums and the Web, to unusual and intriguing items from Jerusalem's Elvis Inn.

Items of any sort--new or old, seriously useful or cheerfully useless--that may be attractive to bidders (and carried by airline passengers) are encouraged. Exhibition catalogues and other publications are always popular. Museum bags, clothing, and other souvenirs are especially easy to carry. Donations need not be tangible things; some popular lots in recent years have offered free services from vendors or special half-price registration for professional events.

Donations may be dropped off at the conference registration desk. And if you'd like to help out as an auction volunteer, please email me off-list.

See you in Boston!

Rob (chair, MCN Silent Auction 2005)

Rob Lancefield                           rlancefi...@wesleyan.edu
Manager of Museum Information Services / Registrar of Collections
Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University      www.wesleyan.edu/dac
301 High Street, Middletown CT 06459 USA        tel. 860.685.2965
Board of Directors, Museum Computer Network           www.mcn.edu

---
You are currently subscribed to mcn_mcn-l as: rlancefi...@mail.wesleyan.edu
leave-mcn_mcn-l-12800...@listserver.americaneagle.com