Apologies for cross-postings

PRESS RELEASE

System Simulation Ltd (SSL), a leading provider of Collections
Management systems and services for museums and heritage
organisations, has become the latest organisation to join the
innovative new MDA Partners Scheme.

MDA is the UK's lead organisation for the documentation and
management of information about collections. As an MDA Partner,
System Simulation is set to be one of the first companies whose
products and services will be validated for compliance with SPECTRUM,
the industry standard for information and knowledge management.

SPECTRUM Compliance is a requirement of the Museum Accreditation
Scheme, administered by the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council
(MLA). Through the MDA Partners Scheme, heritage organisations can be
confident that the systems they are procuring represent the very
latest in best practice in collections management.

Nick Poole, MDA Director, commented, "I am delighted to welcome
System Simulation as a member of the MDA Partners Scheme. The Scheme
is an important new development in our relationship with private-
sector suppliers. System Simulation has a long-standing commitment to
working with MDA to deliver high-quality, standards-compliant
systems. We look forward to working in partnership with SSL to
realise the potential of heritage collections."

Mike Coyne, Managing Director, SSL, commented, "We see our new
partnership with MDA as a key element in our future systems
development. It will help us to continue to support the highest
standards in collections management and to deliver new and exciting
ways of utilising cultural resources for increasingly wide social and
economic purposes.  We are very pleased to be one of the founding
members of the Scheme".

Notes to Editors

MDA is the UK's lead organisation in documentation and the management
of information about collections. Our work is driven by a Vision of a
sector in which collections are managed efficiently, effectively and
in accordance with national standards to deliver inspiring, engaging
and accessible services for users.

The MDA Partners Scheme is open to service providers and suppliers
who produce systems based on the SPECTRUM standard. For further
information about the Scheme, visit http://www.mda.org.uk or contact
Gordon McKenna at gor...@mda.org.uk.

MDA is funded by the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council (MLA)
and the Scottish Museums Council (SMC).

 Gordon McKenna  e-mail: gor...@mda.org.uk
 MDA
 The Spectrum Building,
 The Michael Young Centre,
 Purbeck Road
 Cambridge CB2 2PD, UK

 Tel:    +44 1223 415760
 Fax:    +44 1223 415960

Setting the standard for managing collections information