Hi all,

Here's a belated thank you for everyone who came out to the Digital Media
SIG meeting - I hope everyone's settled back into the routine again; I know
it's taken me a bit of time to catch up hence the lateness of this e-mail.
I'll be contacting everyone who put their name on the list back at the
meeting about directions for the SIG.

In the meantime, I thought I'd point you to an industry group that's
publishing a best practice document relating to digital imaging.

Here's the basic description of the guideline:

Universal Photographic Digital Imaging Guidelines

These 15 guidelines - along with the accompanying Best Practices documents -
aim to clarify issues affecting accurate reproduction and management of
digital image files. Although they largely reflect a photographer's
perspective, anyone working with digital images should find them useful. The
guidelines have three primary goals:

. Digital images look the same as they transfer between devices, platforms
and vendors.
. Digital images are prepared in the correct resolution, at the correct
size, for the device(s) on which they will be viewed or printed.
. Digital images have metadata embedded that conforms to the IPTC standards,
making the images searchable, providing usage and contact information, and
stating their creators or copyright owners.

And here's the link to the site: http://www.updig.org/guidelines/index.html

Tim
Tim Au Yeung
Manager, Digital Object Repository Technology
University of Calgary

---
You are currently subscribed to mcn_mcn-l as: rlancefi...@mail.wesleyan.edu
leave-mcn_mcn-l-12800...@listserver.americaneagle.com