I have just been assigned to define specifically several terms that I am
unable to put into words.  I know these terms so well, that I am having
trouble conveying them correctly.  I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I work in an archaeological repository.  I have completed building our first
relational collections database.  I am needing to define Collection and
Sub-Collection to the field archaeologists so they can prepare their catalog
to meet our standards.  From a field prospective a collection can have many
projects, but within that project there are many components.  They are
getting confused, especially with my terminology of sub-collection because
it doesn't seem to end (gets too small).  The definition of sub-collection
as a collection in a collection does not work.

So, for communication between field archaeology and Data Management:
Collection -
Subcollection -
Trinomial Accession Number and its parts -

Thanks,

Susan

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Susan Fishman-Armstrong
Laboratory Coordinator
Antonio J. Waring, Jr. Archaeological Laboratory
University of West Georgia
Carrollton, GA 30118

678-839-6303 (office)
678-839-6306 (fax)
www.westga.edu/~ajwlab/

You are currently subscribed to MCN-L, the listserv of the Museum Computer
Network (www.mcn.edu). To post messages to this list, send emails to:
mcn-l@mcn.edu

mcn-unsubscr...@lists.mediatrope.com with any message.

If you are receiving messages as they are posted and wish to change to daily
digest format, send an email to listser...@lists.mediatrope.com with "SET
mcn-l  DIGEST" in the BODY of the message.

If you are receiving messages in the daily digest format and wish to recieve
them as they are posted, send an email to listser...@lists.mediatrope.com with
"SET mcn-l MAIL"