Hello mcn-l subscribers,
I'm here to ask for your kind participation in a survey about video games
in museums--namely, who has them (or not!) and how they are being used.  I
encourage you to follow the link below and respond on behalf of your
institution:

http://goo.gl/forms/neXiqDOL1u

Some info on the study: I am a graduate student in the University of
Washington's Museology program and the research assistant on this project,
which is led by PhD candidate Travis Windleharth of the UW's iSchool.  We
are conducting a baseline study to find out how many museums across the US
have video games and how they are being used.  For our purposes, "video
games" include any kind of game-like interactive technology, including
things like touchscreen quizzes or puzzles, flight simulators, and games
included on museum apps or websites.

If your institution uses or collects any kind of video game in any way, in
any part of your museum--or even if your institution doesn't have any games
at all--we would appreciate 5 to 10 minutes of your time to respond to the
questionnaire linked above.  You will have the option at the end to provide
an email contact if you are willing to talk to us further.  This survey has
been approved by the University of Washington and your response will be
confidential.

We hope to have results ready to share with the museum community later this
year.  I will be back to post information once we have a finished product,
so you can share in what we learned.

If you have any questions please let me know!  Thanks for your help and
your time.

Galadriel Brown
Museology Masters Candidate
University of Washington