hey list,

Matt and Doug in particular...

Doug, I think we spoke to you guys (briefly) before embarking on our “digital
totem” which also prominently features a “zoomable" map interface into images
and media...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-digital-portal-into-distant-cultures-1469661481
a large, 4k, touch enabled display, mated to a windows PC running a locked down
Chrome kiosk.
It is all built using html/css/js

I’ve reached out to the dev to get his thoughts on the codebase, but ether way
I’d be happy to chat about what we learned (or are still learning)

In general we am working on how the institution wants to more fully embrace
open source, so we should all keep in touch.

p.s. how does one switch to non-digest mode? is it rude to respond to a digest
email with a specific point?
#mailinglistfauxpaus

-m@….

Matthew Tarr / Director, Digital Architect
mt...@amnh.org<mailto:mt...@amnh.org>
o: 212.496.3626 || c: 646.279.4573