Hi MCN?,

(Apologies for cross posting.)

How do museums and other institutions identify exactly how big their digital
teams should be, how they should be structured and where they should sit in the
organisation? Organisations like ours are increasingly asking where and how
much to invest in digital media and digital activity, and what the return on
that investment will be - especially if the return can't be straightforwardly
measured in visitor numbers or commercial activity.
?
If you work in digital media in a museum, gallery, archive, venue or library,
then we're after your help. We're hoping that you could answer some questions
will help us identify some of the emerging trends.

https://goo.gl/forms/TcSEvtGSTpwS4hNz1

We'll be presenting our research at Museums and the Web, Vancouver, April 2018.
Our research paper will include practical advice to help organisations of all
sizes understand how best to structure their digital teams - by revealing what
works and what doesn't - and help them identify the ideal size of the team
relative to the organisation's size and ambitions, and the skills needed.

We're hoping to hear from a broad selection of digital workers in the GLAM
sector across the globe. Please spread the word!

Thanks,

Kati Price, Head of Digital Media and Publishing, Victoria and Albert Museum, UK
Dafydd James, Head of Digital Media, Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales,
UK?

Dafydd James
Head of Digital Media
Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales
029 2057 3196 | @dafjames

YMWADIAD
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg a Saesneg, ac yn sicrhau y byddwn yn
cyfathrebu â chi yn eich iaith ddewisol, boed yn Gymraeg, Saesneg neu’r ddwy,
dim ond i chi ein hysbysu. Ni fydd gohebu yn Gymraeg yn peri oedi.
Mae pob neges e-bost a anfonir at neu gan Amgueddfa Cymru yn cael ei
sganio gan systemau diogelwch awtomatig. Sganiwyd y neges hon am firysau cyn ei
hanfon, ond dylech hefyd wirio bod y neges, a phob atodiad ynddi, yn rhydd o
firysau cyn ei defnyddio. Nid ydym yn derbyn cyfrifoldeb am unrhyw golled neu
ddifrod o ganlyniad i agor y neges neu unrhyw atodiadau. Gall y neges hon ac
unrhyw ffeiliau a atodir ynddi gynnwys gwybodaeth gyfrinachol a fwriadwyd ar
gyfer y derbynnydd yn unig. Os ydych chi wedi derbyn y neges trwy gamgymeriad,
hysbyswch ni a dileu’r neges. Safbwyntiau personol yr awdur a fynegir yn y
neges hon, ac nid ydynt o reidrwydd yn cynrychioli safbwyntiau Amgueddfa Cymru.
Nid ydym yn derbyn cyfrifoldeb am unrhyw wallau, llygredd neu esgeulustod a
allai godi wrth drosglwyddo'r neges hon.

DISCLAIMER
We welcome correspondence in Welsh and English, and we will ensure that we
communicate with you in the language of your choice, whether that’s English,
Welsh or both if you let us know which you prefer. Corresponding in Welsh will
not lead to any delay.
E-mail to and from Amgueddfa Cymru is scanned by automated security systems.
This message was scanned for viruses before transmission, but you should also
satisfy yourself that the message, and all attachments, are virus-free before
use. We can accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that might arise
from opening the message or any attachments. This message and any files
transmitted with it may contain confidential information intended only for the
recipient. If you receive the message by mistake please inform us and delete
it. The views expressed in this message are the personal views of the author
and may not necessarily represent those of Amgueddfa Cymru. We accept no
liability for any errors, corruption or omissions that might arise in
transmission of this message.

--
 Scanned by FuseMail.