Greetings all,

We recently received a collection at our museum which included a set of 16
mm film reels which has me again thinking about how to digitize film. While
I can find scanners for 8 mm film, I am not having any luck with finding a
good 16 mm film converter. Therefore, I was wondering what others in the
field use to digitize 16 mm film in order to convert it into a digital
movie file.  Does anyone have any recommended hardware?

I came across several companies which will digitize the 16 mm film while
looking for the hardware. If I am not able to pursue the hardware option,
does anyone have suggestions for these companies? If it matters, I work in
Southern California.

Best,

Sterling