On 06-Jun-99, you wrote:

Definitely not a dumbass question re removing the patches, but I didn't want to give
any of them up - I was hoping someone else had already had the problem, and found the
cause.

The problem has cleared however, after I installed vapour_toolkit.library V11.2
(required for the NetInfo demo)

Thanks

LeeE

>> I got MD-2 (1.3) as part of the NC package, only trouble is that
>> MD-2 crashes approx 80% of the time on start-up, and then usually
>> fails on closedown the other 20% of the time.  I've tried mailing
>> Vapour and OW, but have had no response from either.  I _am_ running
>> a lot of hacks and patches, i.e. MCP, FWBlit and the like
>
> Dumbass question - did you try disabling them and see what happens?
>
>> but they are all stable with all my other S/W, esp Real3D V3, my main
>> prog, and ImageFX and other GFX S/W.
>
> Whether they work okay with the hacks or not isn't really relevant.
> Those applications simply may not use a patched call or something that
> MD2 *does* use, and then goes belly-up.
>
> Try it without the hacks.
>
> Jason
Regards