On 08-Jun-99, Allan wrote
wrote:

>>>     11.Workbench:> version MUI/Libs/MUI/Textinput.mcc full
>>>     Textinput.mcc 22.1 (20/05/99)
>>>     © 1997-99 Oliver Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, All Rights Reserved
>>>
>>> Aha! Pretty much as I thought - you don't want an *older* version of
>>> TextInput - you need the latest version!
>>
>> I only wish it did :(
>>  I tried installing the latest >> textinput.mcc (22.1) as you suggested
and all that done
>> was to give me the horrible flickering when scrolling on a Dbl.Pal screen
on BOTH
>> programs. I have reverted back to version 18.2 and both programs are
>> operating as they should (except for the invisible group manager text).

> Beats me. Things are fine here on Multiscan Productivity but DBLPal
> shouldn't make any difference
>
> I'm running quite a few patches on my system - it's entirely possible
> (indeed it's looking like a dead cert) that one of them is masking the
> flickering problem. I'm not even going to suggest adding patches - that
> way lies madness!

I was wondering if patches might be causing me the scrolling problems, (I'm
running various MCP patches) but Olli did confirm that there was a problem
with scrolling on Voyager and this was caused by certain versions of the
text classes.

Enjoy your holiday Olli. I've just dropped my wife off at Glasgow airport,
she's off to Holland to a conference. I hope the weather in Holland clears
up for both of you. It is a glorious morning in the City of Culture but
seemingly pouring with rain in the Hague :)

Pity I've got to go to work.

Thanks for your help again

Jim