Hello Frank

On 12/25/04, you wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> when will we finally get a new version of MDII? I am still using
> 1.4.15 because -16 and -17 had so many bugs that it was unbearable,
> they finally corrupted my data so I had to restore from backup.
>
> My most important email provider now requires SMTP authentication,
> that's another big problem.
>
> I paid for the product a long time ago. I would even be willing to
> pay again for a good new version, but NOTHING is coming!
>
> This sucks. Is there any MDII support at all?
>
> What's the alternative to MDII, and will it allow importing old MDII
> data?
>
> Cheers
> leo2

There is a script for doing this with YAM, but it is complicated, and
I have never tried it.  YAM does do SMTP authentication.  It is my
impression that MDII development is dead, I hope I'm wrong, but
MorpOS and Voyager seem to be tieing everything up, and I have heard
that 68k Voyager development is dead too.  Again, I hope I'm wrong.
Fortunately I just use MDII for news.

Regards
--
Mike Leavitt  [EMAIL PROTECTED]