I think one of MD's greatest attributes that is being lost in this hu-bub
is durability.  The discs are sooooo much more robust than CD's.  I use md
to make copies of my cds, then I put the cds on the shelf, not to be used
much again.  I take the md copy of it, listen to the heck out of it, throw
it on the dash of the car, jam it in my pocket, generally abuse it.  Then,
if I slam it in the car door, or have it stolen, or for what ever reason it
becomes unplayable, I make another copy, and I am out $2 instead of $15.  I
have saved lots of money not buying my favorite cd's several times after
having them scratched, or stolen!
Regards,
Shawn