----- Original Message -----
From: Alexander Dietrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: md-l <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 1:52 PM
Subject: MD: The copy protected audio CDs are here (kinda)

> Alexander Dietrich -> Who the hell are these people,
>                       to tell me where to play my CDs ?

I wouldn't worry. The chances are that somebody will write a program to rip
music off of these "protected" CDs within a couple of months of them
becoming common knowledge. The same happened when games companies tried to
copy protect some games CDs by introducing defects onto the CD which had to
be present for the game to run. It was 2 weeks before there was a program
available to get around the problem.

I don't see why they bother!

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]